The Union Church Youth Group is a fun, safe, and uplifting group for young members of the community from 7th grade to 12th grade. ALL are welcome in this group, regardless of race, creed, background, gender identification/sexual orientation or circumstance. The group is about supporting each other, experiencing joy as a community, serving the community, and exploring ourselves and the world in a safe and supportive environment.
- Youth leadership
- Social Justice
- Love for learning and new experiences
- Joy in community
Opal Bailey, Iris Bailey, Sylvia Cochrane From, & Felix Reyes
This group’s conversation and activities are guided by the youth in the group and what they want and need. We encourage ownership and leadership from the youth members as we all grow together.
- Weekly meetings with food, recreational activities, sharing, and conversation about important issues
- Service activities for the church and community
- Outings to recreate together such as bowling, ropes course, skating, movies, plays, musical performances, etc.
- Summer camp and service trips
- Confirmation program for youth who want to explore their faith more deeply
Current Meeting Time
Most Wednesdays during the school year 6:00PM – 8:00PM
Where: Union Church, 200 Prospect Street – Community Room
(Call Chris McKenzie to confirm: (205) 451-7444)
Group Leaders: Chris McKenzie and Maggie Park
Chris McKenzie, Youth Pastor
Contact: (205) 451-7444 – firstname.lastname@example.org