COVID Guidelines Affirmed by Church Council at its September, 2022 Meeting
Our goal is to make the updated guidance simple and ensure continuity of all church activities while empowering congregants to choose what makes them feel safe.
- Union Church recommends masks and will provide them at all building entrances.
- The sides of the sanctuary are set aside for those who would like to stay socially distant from their neighbors.
- Any group size limits and food service are up to the group using the space.
- We will ask all groups to disinfect surfaces after finishing their event.
- The balcony shall be closed to congregants when the county is in the red zone.
- The Church Council will review these guidelines as needed.
YOU CAN STILL WATCH OUR LIVE STREAM EACH WEEK AS WELL
Note: We have streamed our services live for several years, and regularly have watchers from several countries; however, during the pandemic, our online service has become our only service, and is better and richer than ever before. The order of service is more or less the same as in-person services. A whole team of people spends a great deal of time and energy seeing to it that our virtual services are as diverse and interesting as our in-person ones. You may watch here on our website, on our Facebook page, or on our YouTube channel. On the latter two options, you will also have the ability to see and join in chat, including greetings, prayer requests, and responses to the service. You will see and hear:
- Greetings from various members
- A welcome from the pastor
- Safely pre-recorded Bible readings and prayers from many members
- A children’s moment
- A dynamic sermon of about 20 minutes
- Prayer time. The bulletin will have the main prayer, maybe some questions for reflection and meditation, and the pastor will guide us through some of those; a member or friend will also pray and will lead us in the Lord’s Prayer. See the form of Lord’s Prayer we use in the current bulletin.
- A closing hymn, with the words on the screen so that you may sing along wherever you are. (The one thing we wish technology allowed was to sing actually together, without digital delays and confusion!)
- A blessing and a final, usually meditative, musical selection