BACK TO IN-PERSON, MARCH 27, 2022, 10:30am
No limit on numbers. Masks are encouraged. New members welcomed! As a family of faith committed to boldly and creatively embodying the life and ministry of Jesus, we would like to join with YOU. We’d like to be a context and inspiration for your own spiritual path, and work with you to make your heart, your world, your life more peace-filled and joy-full. Next Sunday there will be an opportunity to covenant together. No prior action on your part is required, but if you have any questions at all, we’d like to help. Working together, we want to make God’s love visible and real to all.
For those who are planning to attend in person here are some things to be aware of:
- For broadcast purposes we are starting right at 10:30am, so plan to arrive a little earlier or risk being caught on camera sneaking in late (). The prelude will start at 10:25, and we encourage everyone to be seated by then.
- We will be keeping one of the camera’s in the side aisle closest to the Boone Tavern, which might block your regular view, just FYI.
- Be careful of a few cords and cables: we are working on safe and attractive routing, but it may take some experimentation.
- There will be an opportunity to “Pass the Peace” to those watching at home by coming to one of the cameras. It will be fun to see anyone who wishes to share!
Children are welcome in the service, or you can stay with them in the Nursery
- There will be a nursery assistant available in the nursery space to provide support for families who are supervising their own children there,
- The nursery and playground will be open for families to use if you supervise your own children,
- There will be a device for listening/watching the service in the nursery,
- We anticipate adding full nursery services once under 5s can be vaccinated,
- The children’s Worship Center in the back of the sanctuary will have activities for our youngest members!
SEE THE GUIDELINES BELOW FOR DECISION-MAKING PROCESS AS TO WHETHER WE GATHER FULLY IN-PERSON OR UNDER COVID-RELATED RESTRICTIONS (BASED ON MADISON COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT GUIDELINES
YOU CAN STILL WATCH OUR LIVE STREAM EACH WEEK AS WELL
Note: We have streamed our services live for several years, and regularly have watchers from several countries; however, during the pandemic, our online service has become our only service, and is better and richer than ever before. The order of service is more or less the same as in-person services. A whole team of people spends a great deal of time and energy seeing to it that our virtual services are as diverse and interesting as our in-person ones. You may watch here on our website, on our Facebook page, or on our YouTube channel. On the latter two options, you will also have the ability to see and join in chat, including greetings, prayer requests, and responses to the service. You will see and hear:
- Greetings from various members
- A welcome from the pastor
- Safely pre-recorded Bible readings and prayers from many members
- A children’s moment
- A dynamic sermon of about 20 minutes
- Prayer time. The bulletin will have the main prayer as well as some questions for reflection and meditation, and the pastor will guide us through some of those; a member or friend will also pray and will lead us in the Lord’s Prayer. See the form of Lord’s Prayer we use in the current bulletin. The one thing we cannot do is have our Embodied Prayer Stations, but you can find suggestions you can do at home here: Spiritual Tools.
- A closing hymn, which will be sung solo-style by one singer, with the words on the screen so that you may sing along wherever you are. (The one thing we wish technology allowed was to sing actually together, without digital delays and confusion!)
- A blessing and a final, usually meditative, musical selection
- An online coffee and conversation time after the service. Click Here for the After Church Fellowship Hour Zoom link. It will be in the chat box, in the bulletin, and on our Zoom Opportunities page here on the website.