Make your voice heard!
- Tuesday, Feb. 14, 9:30am Kentucky Council of Churches will be praying and meeting legislators about Gun Violence Capitol Annex.
- Can’t go? Read the KCC statement: http://www.kycouncilofchurches.org/s/KCC-Approved-Gun-Policy.docx and then call the Legislator comment line (1-800-372-7181) and ask to leave a message for :
- Sen. Jared Carpenter, Rep. C. Wesley Morgan (East Ridge neighborhood),
- Rep. Marie Rader (most of the rest of Berea), or simply
- “House Leadership” or “All legislators”, as you pick.
We are very concerned with Senate Bill 7 (SB7) that would allow concealed carrying of weapons without a permit or license or training. Call your legislator and leave a message expressing your opinion.
- Wednesday, Feb. 15, Rally for Fairness. Car pools will leave the Artisan Center at 7:15 am
8:30 a.m. Group Meetup in Capitol Education Center (506 Capital Ave., 40601) *free parking in adjacent Capitol Garage
9:00 a.m.-1 p.m. Group Lobbying
1:30 p.m. Rally in Capitol Rotunda (700 Capital Avenue, 40601)
- Can’t go? Call the message line (1-800-372-7181) and let all legislators know whether you support equal treatment for all Kentuckians under the law. Ask them to support fairness for all.
- Thursday, Feb. 16, Rally for Refugees 1pm-4pm behind the capitol (outside on the terrace).
- Can’t Go? Call the LRC line (1-800-372-7181) and leave a message for Gov. Bevin and legislators calling on them to welcome these vulnerable families to a new life in Kentucky. There has never been a violent crime committed by a resettled refugee. They pay taxes and contribute in vital economic and social ways within 90 days of arrival.