Upcoming Musical Events at Union Church
- February 25, Berea College Festival of Spirituals, 7:00 pm (Sanctuary)
- March 10, Kenyon College Choir Concert, TBA (Sanctuary)
- March 12, Bach to Now Chamber Ensemble, TBA (Sanctuary)
Notes from the Music Ministry
As we enter February, the music has been carefully crafted to help reflect and celebrate Black History Month. Each week, at least one or more musical aspect of the service will be inspired by an Afro-American hymn, African American composer, Spiritual, etc. Please listen as we celebrate together!
Union Church Chancel Choir
- Feb. 5– We Shall Overcome, arr. T. Trenney
- Feb. 12– All That I Am, W. Grant Still
- Feb. 19– Circle of Love, P. Choplin
- Feb. 26– Go Up to the Mountain of God, M. Helman
Union Church Handbell Ensemble
- February 19, 2017–He’s Got the Whole World In His Hands, arr. V. Stephenson
Other Musical Events
Our Director of Music Ministries, Gabe Evans will be presenting a faculty organ recital on Friday, February 10. The program will contain works of J.S. Bach, L. Boeellmann, T. Dubois, and many others. The recital will be held in Gray Auditorium at 8:00pm.