Berea Depot Quilters and Friends Quilt Challenge 2015
Inspired by the 3-in-1 Color Tool by Joen Wolfrom with C&T Publishing.
Each year, the Depot Quilters of Berea initiate a challenge for exhibit at Quilt Extravaganza. Because the group is small and this year’s challenge needed more participants to display well, an invitation was sent out to other quilting friends. The response to the invitation was fabulous! All of the 24 color cards in the package were taken!
The rules for the challenge were as follows:
- Each participant draws one color card.
- The randomly drawn color may be traded. (There was a fair amount of negotiating that went on at this point.)
- The quilt must look like the color at the top of the color card from ten feet away. Any other colors may be added as long as this rule applies.
- The quilt must finish at 18” wide by 40” long.
- Any technique, fiber, fabric, embellishment, etc. is fair game, BUT the outside edges must be straight (no scallops, rough, or uneven edges).
- The outside edge must be faced (no binding) so when the quilts hang side by side, the edges will touch, leading from one to the other without interruption. OR the binding should be the same color.